Part two of our interview with CourseSmart's Chief Marketing Officer.
Last week we published Part 1 of this interview, in which we learned a great deal about digital course materials and CourseSmart, and this week we continue this learning journey with Part 2 of the dialogue.
In this interview we examine the following:
- What is it going to take for electronic textbooks to become the dominant distribution method, displacing paper text books?
- What are the key hurdles that digital textbook vendors have to overcome to make electronic texts the norm rather than the exception?
- Are there key areas, like specific academic subjects, types of institutions, or other market segments that have seen a higher adoption rate with digital course materials?
- How much of a challenge does reading device dependence present in terms of the proliferation of the eTextbook?
- What kinds of exciting developments can we look forward to from CourseSmart in 2012?
Our thanks once again to Jill Ambrose and CourseSmart for providing this in depth interview!
As always, readers are encouraged to share their insights and experiences with this topic, so please don't hesitate to comment and share your thoughts!