Catching up onÂ today'sÂ digital textbookÂ market and eTextbookÂ functionalityÂ withÂ CourseSmart's Chief Marketing Officer.
This week on EmergingEdTech we're delighted toÂ publishÂ anÂ interview withÂ Jill Ambrose. This is the first of a two-partÂ video conversation in which we discuss CourseSmartâ€™s offerings, and the future of the evolving electronic textbooks marketplace.
In this interview we discuss:
- eResourses – the future of digital course materials
- CourseSmart'sÂ innovativeÂ newÂ Offline Reader functionality
- Their effort to ensure device-agnostic access, makingÂ electronic textbooks and otherÂ digital course materials “easy to access anywhere, anytime, on any device, in the environment you're already in”
- CourseSmart's extensive offeringsÂ (they offer over 90% of the core textbooks in use in higher education institutions in North AmericaÂ today!)
- CourseSmart'sÂ free instructor-specific web site and the functionality it offers
- And much more …
We hope you enjoy the interview and all it has to offer, and come back for Part 2, in which we discuss the following topics:
- While electronic textbooks are certainly gaining momentum, they still have a long way to go to overtake the printed textbook market. What are the key hurdles that digitalÂ textbook vendors have to overcome to make electronic texts the norm rather than the exception?
- Are there key areas, like specific academic subjects, types of institutions, geographic regions, or other market segments that are experiencing a higher degree of success than others in terms of gaining a foothold with digital course materials?
- How about reading device dependence? How much of a challenge does this present in terms of the proliferation of the eTextbook?
- What does the future of digital course materials look like?
- WhatÂ kinds of exciting developments can we look forward to fromÂ CourseSmartÂ in 2012?
Thanks again to Jill for taking the time to work with us to put together this insightful and informativeÂ interview.
Remember, other readers and viewers appreciate readingÂ observations andÂ feedback from colleagues, so please don't hesitate to drop a comment and share your thoughts onÂ this topic!
Related Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out):
Instructional Designer James Hill Discusses the Ups and Downs of Technology (Interview)
10 Internet Technologies Educators Should Be Informed About â€“ 2011 Update
The year of the iPad in Education: theyâ€™re being distributed in more schools every day
In case you go this route, you almost certainly might like to do some evaluation over several sites.
[…] Related Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out): Ed Tech Thought Leader Interview: Innovative CIO Phil Komarny Interview with Education Technology Thought Leader Terry Heick of TeachThought Learning All About Electronic Textbooks In A Video Interview With CourseSmart CMO Jill Ambrose […]
[…] Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out): Learning All About Electronic Textbooks In A Video Interview With CourseSmart CMO Jill Ambrose Social Learning With Social Networking Tools Designed Just For Education Making BYOD Work in […]
[…] Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out): Learning All About Electronic Textbooks In A Video Interview With CourseSmart CMO Jill Ambrose 12 Common Education Technology Implementation Problems and How to Prevent and Remediate Them […]
[…] jQuery("#errors*").hide(); window.location= data.themeInternalUrl; } }); } https://www.emergingedtech.com – Today, 12:02 […]
[…] Tablets â€˜App-ingâ€˜ Eleven Digital Textbooks Ten Lectures Captured Nine Social Learners Eight Bloggers Blogging Seven Docs-a-Sharing Six […]
[…] readingÂ observations andÂ feedback from colleagues, so please donâ€™t hesitate to drop a comment and share your thoughts onÂ this […]
Sanjay – CourseSmart does have an iPad app. They have a clear goal of being device-agnostic, providing reading capabilities on as many platforms as they can. I am not familiar with Inkling, but if you do spend some time with the app, perhaps you might share some info here in a guest post? CoursSmart is the market leader and has some pretty impressive functionality and offerings – other providers are certainly challenged to rise to their level.
[…] week we publishedÂ Part 1 of this interview, in which we learned a great deal about digital course materials and CourseSmart, […]
Thanks Kelly for bringing over this informative talk explaining CourseSmart.
I will soon try out their offering, if they have an iPad App.
Meanwhile I have loaded an IPAD app “inkling” which provides excellent book reading functionality including auto evaluating self tests, annotations that can be made socially aware etc.
I guess it will be a good idea to compare the two platforms –
CourseSmart and inkling.