The smart folks over at Enlightened Digital shared this fun and frightening infographic, in the Halloween spirit. Seriously though, this is some spooky tech!
- Audio Spotlights: Feel like you're hearing voices? Well they may be real – beamed right at you while shopping for example. Learn more here.
- Social Media Bots: Anyone who has heard about Russian meddling in the 2016 election has heard a story involving social media bots. And don't fool yourself, plenty of organizations in many countries are using these bots to manipulate popular opinion and control the narrative. Up for a little astroturfing, anyone?
- Ransomware: If you haven't heard of this terrifying malware yet, that's a little surprising. How about getting locked out of all your data and having to pay a ransom to get it back? It's been happening all over the world for years now. Let's hope you never have to experience it.
- AI is ‘dreaming': Google's AI has dreamt up some pretty wild images, and some of them are pretty spooky (while others are spooky pretty!)
- Virtual Influencers: As if the world isn't confusing enough for today's students, life-like artificial social media influencers are just one more bizarre aspect of today's digital existence.
That's enough to make me want to shut it all down and go take a nice long walk…
[…] The University of California, Berkeley, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology are developing totally new establishments to return to phrases with the ubiquity of knowledge and the upward push of AIÂ https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/11/02/big-data-ai-prompt-major-expansions-uc-berkeley-and-m… […]