Those of us working education can easily forget the we're not the only ones who use Learning Management Systems. Though this guest post might be helpful to anyone in the corporate world looking to produce an LMS to help support employee learning during these unusual times. – KW
A company invests in the career growth of its employees by offering workplace learning opportunities, thus equipping them with the knowledge they need to perform their jobs better. Workplace learning/training is also essential for improving employee retention rates. But training employees comes with a host of responsibilities and you need to be well aware of a lot of important factors like:
- What are your business training goals?
- What concepts do you want to cover in the training sessions?
- What is the best platform to help you achieve the desired training goals?
Knowing exactly what you want to achieve from this training is possible by making a list of your core L&D goals. When it comes to picking the best platform for training, top eLearning experts suggest using a Learning Management System(LMS) for streamlining the delivery of training material.
An LMS is a digital tool that comes as an all-inclusive solution for all your L&D needs. It is a cloud-based platform that allows you to execute, document, track, deploy and deliver training programs.
Picking the ideal LMS for training your employees can get a little unnerving considering there so many LMSs on the eLearning market out there. This makes it necessary to know exactly what you need to achieve with it and then compare the relevant LMS options before picking â€œthe oneâ€. For example, when you compare Mindflash LMS with Violet LMS, youâ€™ll realize it offers the option of a free trial, which is an important aspect to consider.
To help you find out how to choose an LMS that matches your needs, we have compiled a list of features that you should compare before finalizing one for your organization:
- User friendly interface: It is important for an LMS to enable effective building of training material with an easy-to-use interface. If the overall experience is tedious and takes a lot of maneuvers, it doesnâ€™t prove to be a worthwhile investment. Therefore, you should verify during the free trial whether it is easy to navigate or not.
- Seamless integration with important platforms: It is essential for the LMS to be capable of integrating with all the major platforms as well as the current technologies your company uses for smooth functioning. This saves you the trouble of manually updating employee data as it will automatically sync all the existing data with your platform.
- Flexible tracking and reporting: It is important to train employees, but it is equally important to keep track of their training progress. An LMS should provide dashboards to track course completion and reflect pending elements. To assess how impactful the training is, an LMS must also have flexible reporting capabilities. Reports help you track performance and allocate resources accordingly.
- Collaboration tools: Engagement with peers for group projects, online discussions and other team activities prove to be highly beneficial in aiding team building. It also leads to a better team learning experience. An LMS must offer various collaboration tools to allow employees to communicate with ease. Failing to do so may lead to an additional expense of incorporating external tools to meet these needs.
- Gamification tools: Gamification is a technique that encourages learning through competition by use of fun game principles. It increases user engagement in eLearning by providing rewards based on assessment results. It has been proven that since such tools ensure a high rate of information retention.
- Mobile learning: This is a must-have LMS feature considering it makes learning very convenient. An LMS featuring mobile capabilities allows users to participate from anywhere across the globe and via any mobile device they possess. It also allows them to have full control over their pace of learning.
The above mentioned features should save you a lot of valuable time while selecting an LMS that's best suited for your organization. For optimal results, keep a list of your companyâ€™s unique needs in mind while making the selection.