Some resources to inspire and educate students (and anyone else) looking for some help with Creative Writing.
For the second time in two weeks, my mid-week post is inspired by the appreciation and enjoyment of artistic creation. I just finished reading the latest novel from one of my favorite authors – The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver. How do incredible writers like these consistently develop these wonderful, epic tales featuring rich, complex characters?
Following are a handful of web based resources that offer creative writing tips and techniques. I vetted a couple dozen sites and selected those that appeared most useful, and not overly cluttered with ads or poor design. These types of tools can be a great interactive way to gain useful essay writing skills.
- Creative Writing Articles from FreelanceWriting.com
- Online Creative Writing Courses Offered Free by Top Universities and Educational Websites
- “Fiction Writing” from About.com
- “Creative Writing 101” from Suite101.com
- Free Creative Writing Course from “The Crafty Writer”
- Creative writing web activities for kids, teachers, and parents
If this is a topic you're interested in, I hope you find these resources useful! Please be sure to comment if you wish to share any insights about any of these topics, or any similar resources that you find particularly useful. Thanks.
Related posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out):
15 online resources for help with English homework and class work
Using Internet story telling tools in education