The Internet Is Rich WithÂ Free Tools for Educators. Here's A Bunch.
I've been meaning to put together this list of the many free apps that I've blogged about, and make it available as a tabbed section on the site. I've got the list mostly together now and realized it would make for a niceÂ mid-week post.
All of theÂ articles below reference free technologies and/or resources. The posts are simply listed in alphabetical order (I haven't quite decided how best to organize them otherwise). I hope you find something fun and useful here!
- 10 Examples of Useful Second Life Resources for Educators
- 10 Free Educational Game Sites
- 100 Ways to Teach With Twitter
- 6 Free Online Interactive White Boards
- A brief look at WiZiQ.com
- A Dozen Great Free Online Video Lecture Sites
- Checking out Podcasting in Education
- Collaboration & Brainstorming Tools (Part 1)
- Comparing 12 Free Screencasting Tools
- Connecting A Million Minds (to after-school STEM programs)
- Creating brief instructional videos (and more) with Jing
- Do You Use Evernote?
- Doodle â€“ a quick, easy, and free resource for creating polls
- Education Related Blogs & Blogging Resources
- Education Worldâ€™s Technology Integration resources
- Exploring the Classroom2.0 Website
- Eye Witness To History (dot com)
- Fun tool for the classroom â€“ simple Crossword Puzzle maker!
- Google Apps for Education vs Microsoftâ€™s Live@edu
- Learning a language online, for free!
- Learning about Moodle â€“ a leading open source LMS
- Low (or No) Cost Online Project Management Tools
- New Web Site WatchKnow.org (1000â€™s of Free Educational Videos)
- PowerPoint Jeopardy in the Classroom
- Screencasting with Debutâ€™s Lite Version
- TeacherTube, and other YouTube alternatives for instructional use
- The growing use of Wikis in education
- Using Google Sites to create e-portfolios for students
- Using Internet story telling tools in education
- Using Second Life for Educational applications
Of course, the king of free tech for educators isÂ blogger Richard Byrne and hisÂ â€œFree Tech For Teachersâ€ site. Be sure to check it out and tapÂ intoÂ a continuous stream ofÂ free ed tech resources and ideas about how to use them.
Related Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out):
5 Reasons Why Educators Need To Embrace Internet Technologies
8 Engaging Videos Advocating Better Integration of Technology in Education
5 Educator Guest Posts This Week on Microsoftâ€™s Teacher Tech Blog