Innovative iPad-focused conference takes place in North Carolina on Friday & Saturday, November 16 & 17.
High School Principal David Mahaley (who has written a couple of highly popular iPad-related posts for EmergingEdTech), has worked with Tim Hall and other teachers representing each of the core teaching areas to put together this exciting conference, conveniently located one mile from Raleigh-Durham International Airport at the Embassy Suites Brier Creek (special discounted room rates are available). The two-day conference will include sessions designed to answer your questions related to the implementation of iPads in learning environments.
Learn how the wildly popular tablet can provide efficiency and increased productivity in learning environments and help to prepare our learners for the demands of the next decade. See demonstrations of a variety of applications, curricular areas, and connections to developing 21stCentury Skills. Come plan and create your own activities and learn from those with over two years of experience with the iPad in the classroom!
The conference will also include a student showcase that allows participants to interact directly with the students and see demonstrations of how they use the iPad, specific apps, and other tools to produce high quality work products for their classes. Ask questions and find out how students make the most of the iPad in the learning environments, and see the results from a variety of curricular areas.
Sessions Offered Include:
- Leading Technology Initiatives
- Facilitating Relevant Training with Staff for iPad Technology
- Administrative Productivity Applications with the iPad
- Integration of the iPad in the Classroom Technology Infrastructure
- Methods for Conducting Staff Observations and Assessments with The iPad
- Instructor Panel – Hear From and Ask Questions of Experienced Teachers and How they Have Used The iPad in Their Classrooms
- Managing the iPad in the Learning Environment – Lessons for IT Support
- School Leaders Panel – iPads and the Mobile Learning Experience
Keynote and Guest Speakers:
- Robert L. Luddy, CEO of Captive Aire Inc.
- Tony O’Driscoll, Duke Corporate Education
- Harvey Singh, Instancy Web, Mobile Learning & Knowledge Platform
- Kelly Walsh, Founder of EmergingEdTech & CIO at The College of Westchester
- Dr. Natalie Milman, Professor of Education Technology Leadership at George Washington University
Space is limited, so register early for one of two selections of sessions designed for administrator and instructors.
Visit the Conference Website for more details and to register (only $199!): www.techsummit-ipad.com
Related Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out):
Apple TV In The Classroom – The New Smart Board
School Administrators as Leaders of iPad Implementation Programs
15 Favorite iPad Apps As Selected By Teachers