Some great education and instructional technology articles that may have slipped by you in the busy summer months.
During the summer months readership tends to fall off a bit, so when the school year gets rolling again I like to round up some of the “Best of Summer” here on EmergingEdTech. For those who did take a little time off, or just ease back on keeping up, here's a half dozen of the articles you may have missed that I thought had a lot to offer. Take a few moments and catch up with some technology innovations, excellent resources, and a dash of inspiring thought leadership.
- 8 Great Reasons to Flip Your Classroom (and 4 of the Wrong Reasons), from Bergmann and Sams
The New “Flip Your Classroom” book by John Bergmann and Aaron Sams is loaded with experienced insights, ideas, and lessons learned.
- Celebrating the 5th Anniversary of Classroom 2.0 with 75 Articles from Innovative Educators
This innovative project has produced a wealth of material from educators and technologists, packed with experienced and informed insights about using technology in the educational setting.
- Mark Milliron’s Sobering, Honest, and Inspiring Keynote Address at CT2012
Can we put aside tradition and fear and embrace the “deeper learning conversations” we need to have to evolve as educational institutions?
- TechChange – Enabling Social Change With Innovate Uses of Education Technology
TechChange is the “The Institute for Technology and Social Change”, and they are at the forefront of combining technology and education to facilitate social change across the globe.
- 4 New Technology Tools for Measuring Learning Outcomes
Guest writer Steven Burrell introduces four robust online assessment applications that incorporate learning analytics.
- 6 Examples of Teachers Using the THREE RING Portfolio System for Authentic Assessment
These stories demonstrate Three Ring’s potential as both an instructional application and an assessment tool.
Did you come across some other great instructional or education technology articles you want to share? Please drop a comment and a link and tell use about them!
Related Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out):
8 Great Education and Instructional Technology Infographics
How Are Learning Analytics Being Used in Education?
Study Finds Benefits in Use of iPad as an Educational Tool