Reverse instruction is a hot news topic these days. Here’s 15 news stories from the last month about flipping the classroom.
There are news stories and web articles about reverse instruction, or ‘flipping the classroom’, published just about every day lately. Here’s 15 news stories from the last 4 weeks focused on this instructional technology phenomenon. Many of these articles mention ‘the flip’ in their title (and for every one of these, there have been one or two additional articles that discuss the concept).
In addition to listing these articles here, I’ve also created and shared a video and a Slideshare deck to help to bring attention to this powerful idea and spread the word about it to educators everywhere. If you want to spread the word too, please pass this article or one of these other presentations on to your colleagues.
1. ‘Flipped Classroom’ Makes Most of Hands-On Time, Education Week, April 25, 2012
2. The Flipped Classroom, my.hsj.org, Heart Beat , Barat Academy, Chesterfield, MO April 27, 2012
3. Framingham High teachers try ‘flipped classroom’ format, The MetroWest Daily News, April 24, 2012
4. ‘Flipped Classroom’ Getting A Tryout At Suburban High Schools, CBS Chicago, April 23, 2012
5. A New Homework Strategy: Flipped Classrooms, Hartford Courant, April 25, 2012
6. Flipping the Classroom Requires More Than Video, Geek Dad on Wired.com, April 13, 2012
7. With A New Education Platform, TED Gives Teachers The Keys To A Flipped Classroom, TechCrunch, April 24, 2012
8. Inside The Flipped Classroom, The Journal, April 11, 2012
9. The flip: Classwork at home, homework in class, The Washington Post, April 15, 2012
10. St. Gabriel’s Launches 1:1 iPad Initiative To Flip Classrooms, The Journal, April 3, 2012
11. ‘Flipped classroom’ model leaps to Long Island, Libn.com (Long Island Business News), April 4, 2012
11. Conference to explore best practices in flipped learning, eSchoolNews, April5, 2012
13. Is Reverse Instruction Education Technology’s Perfect Storm?, EmergingEdTech, April 8, 2012
14. Arizona schools flipping homework, lectures, AZCentral, 12 News March 31, 2012
15. Mishicot Middle School tried new model for math class, htrnews.com, April 13, 2012
It’s exciting to me to see this high level of interest in this topic, since I’ll be presenting on the subject at the Campus Technology 2012 Conference in Boston in July in my session, “Flipping the Classroom – Succeeding With Reverse Instruction”. I hope I’ll be seeing some of you there!
Related Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out):
Reverse Instruction Tools And Techniques – Screencasting
7 Stories From Educators About Teaching In The Flipped Classroom
Is Reverse Instruction Education Technology’s Perfect Storm?