“iTeach Pad” is an easy to use organizer app for K – 12 teachers, developed with your feedback from dozens of EmergingEdTech readers.
This new application from Mobile Simplified is a straightforward collection of tools to help K to 12 teachers organize their schedules, lesson plans, to do lists, class & student lists, and more. Last November, this app’s developers sought input from readers here on EmergingEdTech and used the great feedback he received from them to enhance the application as it was in development (we also ran a naming contest, and the winners received free copies of the app).
This inexpensive app ($3.99) is unique – while there are a few others apps available today that can provide some of this functionality, what iTeach Pad delivers is a combination of tools that you won’t find in any of those other tools. iTeach Pad lets you set up and maintain the following classroom and teaching information:
- Schedule: Create and maintain a weekly schedule of what you do on a predefined schedule in your classroom:
- Calendar: A great applet where you can store your events. Includes a pre-built events list that is customizable.
- Classes & Students: Store your classes and students. This is a good place to note that the app developer continues to seek feedback from users – for example, I have suggested that the classes listed here should be the same list of classes used in the Lesson Plans module, and this new feature is now under consideration for addition in a future update!
- Lesson Plans: Here you can organize your Lesson Plans with lots of fields to store important information: Class, Topics, Date, Objective, Materials, Standards, Assignments, Activities, and Feedback.
- To Do Lists: This module provides a list management interface where you organize lists that you create into folders, for further organization. This lets you set up lists per class, year, function, etc. – whatever type of groups you might want to use.
You can find iTeach Pad at the (US) Apple Store here: http://itunes.apple.com/app/iteach-pad/id485228781?mt=8 (as with other iPad apps, this app is available in many countries but not all).
Mobile Simplified is always open to new ideas and feedback about iTeach Pad, so feel free to make suggestions if you’re using it and want to offer your thoughts on how to get the most out of this unique application created just for teachers (suggestions can be email by pressing the Contact Us button on the iTeach Pad page on mobilesimplified.com).
Related Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out):
Apple TV In The Classroom – The New Smart Board
Using The iPad As A Digital Whiteboard (Plus 4 Cool Free Apps To Try It Out)
15 Favorite iPad Apps As Selected By Teachers