This week’s collection of Education Technology article and resource Tweets.
(Originally posted on Twitter by @EmergingEdTech over this past week … collected here to share with our blog readers).
- Designing the School Around the Student (turning traditional classroom model inside out): http://thejournal.com/articles/2012/02/22/designing-the-school-around-the-student.aspx
- How Students Use Second Life For Digital Learning: http://edudemic.com/2012/02/internet-classrooms-using-second-life-for-virtual-learning/
- Virtual Classroom (“We must be entrepreneurial in our approach to teaching & technology”): http://www.stanforddaily.com/2012/02/21/virtual-learning/
- Organized students gain from self-directed study of online courses: http://www.mlive.com/opinion/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2012/02/organized_students_benefit_fro.html
- How ‘Flipping' the Classroom Can Improve the Traditional Lecture: http://chronicle.com/article/How-Flipping-the-Classroom/130857
- Concordia U 40 yr metadata study touts benefits of a ‘wired' classroom: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/technology/Study+touts+benefits+wired+classroom/6181234/story.html
- Schools embrace technology, battle math hurdles: http://www.newbernsj.com/news/students-104449-schools-technology.html
- 2 New Platforms Offer Alternative to Apple’s Textbook-Authoring Software: http://chronicle.com/blogs/wiredcampus/2-new-platforms-offer-alternative-to-apples-textbook-authoring-software/35495
- Windows Desktop & MS Office on the iPad for free! (+ more for just $5/mo):nytimes.com/2012/02/23/tec…
Related Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out):
7 Twitter Users to Follow If You Are Interested in Education Technology
Reverse Instruction Tools And Techniques (Part 1)
4 Great Twitter Applications for Teachers Using Twitter In The Classroom