This week’s collection of Education Technology article and resource Tweets.
(Originally posted on Twitter by @EmergingEdTech over this past week … collected here to share with our blog readers).
- Gates Foundation announces $20 million in educational technology grants: http://bit.ly/dsJjx9
- Nice piece on the fundamental dilemmas presented by mobile tech and the ‘Net in the classroom: http://bit.ly/bpV9cJ
(Remember, even if we can control hard wired Internet access in the classroom, we can't really control wireless access!)
- Popular EmergingEdTech post is subject of Vancouver Observer news article: http://bit.ly/aUCFLf
- Wired Campus asks, “As Textbooks Go Digital, Will Professors Build Their Own Books?” http://bit.ly/ca5OzL
- ProfHacker suggests “blog audits”, to enhance learning value of student blogging : http://bit.ly/dA5h4v
- VoiceThread has published documentation for integrating into Moodle 1.9: http://bit.ly/d4TuZS
- Houghton Mifflin using Tech to combat National Literacy Gap for Boys in US: http://bit.ly/9EwgzT
- Thanks for the tips about free picture editing tools, keep 'em coming! http://bit.ly/bx742t
- Fun chemistry experiment video from ThisWeekinEdTech (via FreeTech4Teachers!): http://bit.ly/bem7sX
Related Posts (if the above topic is of interest, you might want to check these out):
100 Ways to Teach With Twitter
Education Technology Twitter Post Weekly Summaries